You may want to put on your calendar of things to do in Silver City, the opening of the Milner
Women in the Arts Lecture and Exhibit Opening. On November 8 th , Jen Pack will present at 6:30
at Parotti Hall an art lecture that will be accompanied by the exhibit opening at 7:30 pm at
McCray Gallery. The exhibit will run through December 13 th . According to Jen Pack, she has
always been profoundly responsive to color and the sensations color can provoke. Her work has
been described as an artistic oxymoron: both loud and quiet, solid and transparent, hand-made
and precise, delicate and aggressive, exuberant and restrained, formal and emotional.
The Silver City Museum director has announced that they are the host to an exhibition called
the Allan Houser who is a renowned 20 th Century Warm Springs Chiricahua Apache artist.
According to the news release stated that he was one of the most important Native American
artists of the 20th Century. He embraced contemporary art styles while celebrating his Apache
heritage in his artwork. Houser trained as a painter in the 1930s and he created mainly two-
dimensional art. The exhibit is on display now and there will be a brown bag luncheon lecture
on November 8th at noon held in conjunction with this exhibit at the Silver City Museum.
Since it is Halloween, here is a quick recap of some area Halloween functions you may be
interested in doing:
- Gila Regional Medical Center in Silver City is hosting a Halloween Trunk or Treat in the front
parking lot this evening from 4:00 to 8:00 P.M.
- The City Cuts Barbershop in Silver City is hosting their Annual Halloween Trunk or Treat
Trunk or Treat from 4:00 to 6:00 in their parking lot located at 1780 Highway 180 East in
- There will be a Halloween Trunk or Treat event at the Bayard Church of Christ located at
204 Tom Foy Boulevard in Bayard, from 7:30 to 9:00 P.M. More cars are welcome to
participate, just come at 7:00 P.M. to secure a spot.
- First Baptist Church in Deming, corner of Pine and Iron streets, will have its 19th annual Fall
- Harvest Festival from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m., this evening, for children Pre-K through sixth grade.
There will be free games, candy, prizes and food. Admission is one can of food. Positive
- Deming is also having a Halloween Trunk or Treat event from 6:00 to 9:00 P.M. at
Courthouse Park located at 601 South Gold Street in Deming. There will be free food, candy,
games, hay rides, and a carnival. Admission and all activities are totally free to the public.
That has been a look at some local happenings. Thanks for listening to Silver City Radio.