WATER QUALITY TESTING
PROVIDED FREE OF CHARGE
Sponsored by the New Mexico
Department of Health and the New Mexico Environment Department
|WHO:||Residents of Mimbres, Bayard, Silver City and surrounding communities of Grant County|
|WHAT:||Free water testing for residents with private wells serving homes not connected to a public water utility|
|WHEN:||October 5, 2013, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.|
|WHERE:||Mimbres Harvest Festival, San Lorenzo Elementary School Cafeteria, 2655 Hwy 35 North, San Lorenzo, NM, 88041|
How to Collect the Water Sample:
Use a clean glass or plastic container (at least a liter).
- Do not use containers that have a strong odor, such as citrus or pickle jars.
- Collect the sample before any water treatment systems such as reverse osmosis, water softener, or carbon filter.
- Let the water run for a couple of minutes before collecting the sample.
- Collect the sample as close to the time of testing as possible.
- Cover the container with a clean lid.
If available, please provide well depth, depth to water, well casing material (i.e., steel, pvc) and distance from well to the nearest septic tank/leachfield system.
- Limited analysis will be performed the same day, and you can either pick up results or have them mailed to you.
Drinking water will be field tested for the following parameters:
|∆ Electrical conductivity||∆ Nitrate ∆ Arsenic|
|∆ Iron||∆ pH ∆ Manganese|
|∆ Fluoride||∆ Sulfate|
For further information contact the NMED Ground Water Quality Bureau at: 505-222-9574.