Here is a look at some local news brought to you by Silver City Radio.
At the time of compiling this report, the New Mexico Department of Health, announced a total of 27,199 New Mexico COVID-19 confirmed positive cases with 15,106 tested as recovered. In addition, COVID-19 cases recorded locally are as follows: Grant County has increased to 100 total cases with 44 recovered; Luna County increased to 388 total cases with an increase to 144 recovered; Hidalgo County increased to 99 total cases with 67 recovered; and Catron County remains at 11 total cases with 3 recovered.
Governor Michell Lujan Grisham announced yesterday an amended emergency public health order, which will be in effect through mid-October. The amendments include:
- Youth sports conditioning and skills development will be permitted with no more than 10 individuals in any one group. Competitive contact play remains off-limits.
- Starting on October 1st, New Mexicans may overnight camp at most state parks in groups of no more than 10 individuals.
- Swimming pools may open with no more than 10 individuals in a pool at any one time; previously swimming pools were permitted only to provide lane swimming.
- Pick-your-own pumpkin patches will be permitted to operate in accordance with COVID-Safe Practices for agri-tourism businesses.
- Ice skating rinks may operate for athletic training and practice by reservation only
The amended orders went into today, September 18th.
Silver City Mayor, Ken Ladner, is inviting members of the community to meet with him and share their suggestions, and ideas relating to the community. This month’s “Monday Meeting with the Mayor” will be from 8:00AM to 11:00AM this Monday, September 21st using the on-line platform GoToMeetings. To join in, go online to townofsilvercity.org and click on “Mayors Message” or “News and Announcements.”
This has been a look at some local news. Thank you for listening to Silver City Radio.