Here’s a look at some local news brought to you by Silver City Radio.
At the time of this report, the New Mexico Department of Health, announced 7,689 New Mexico COVID-19 confirmed positive cases. There have been 199,604 tests performed statewide, 182 current COVID-19 related hospitalizations, and 2,853 cases designated as having recovered according to the Department of Health. In addition, sadly there has been 356 COVID-19 related deaths recorded statewide. Positive COVID-19 cases in Grant County remain at 15 with 1,703 tests administered, Luna County back up one with 8 cases and 1,373 tests administered, Catron County remaining at 2 with 97 tests administered, and Hidalgo County with 1 confirmed case and 251 tests administered.
Starting today in accordance to Governor Grisham’s New Public Health Order, several changes have been added to the existing orders that include:
- Restaurants may operate at 50% of maximum occupancy with bar and counter seating prohibited and no standing service.
- Hair Salons, barbershops, tattoo parlors, massage services and nail salons my operate at 25% maximum occupancy by appointment only.
- Indoor malls may open at 25% maximum occupancy
- Gyms may operate at 50% maximum occupancy and group fitness classes are not allowed.
All openings must operate using COVID safe practices. For more information, visit https://cv.nmhealth.org/
Tomorrow, in person voting will be available from 7:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. for the 2020 Primary Election. In Luna County, three Voter Convenience Centers will be open located at:
- Holy Family Catholic Church Parish Center
- Mimbres Valley Learning Center, 2300 East Pine Street
- Columbus Village Library
In Grant County the locations include:
- Grant County Administration Building
- Bayard Community Center
- San Lorenzo Elementary
- Grant County Fairgrounds Exhibit Building
In Hidalgo County the voting locations include:
- Special Events Center
- James H. Baxter Civic Center
- Hidalgo County Sheriff’s Department
- Virden Community Center
- Rodeo Community Center
- Animas Community Center
Voters can also drop off their absentee ballots at all the voting locations.
This has been a look at some local news. Thank you for listening to Silver City Radio.