Gila National Forest campgrounds and trailheads closed
along New Mexico Highway 152
SILVER CITY, N.M. – Due to the extensive flood damage along New Mexico Highway 152, several campgrounds and trailheads on the Gila National Forest have been closed.
Recreation site closures are:
- Iron Creek Campground
- Railroad Canyon Campground
- Upper Gallinas Campground
- Lower Gallinas Campground
- Wright’s Cabin Picnic Area
- Emory Pass Observation Point which includes the Black Range Crest and Scenic Trail Trailheads
- Rabb Park Trailhead
- Gallinas and Railroad Canyon Trailheads
All of the sites listed above will be closed until further notice. In addition, the New Mexico Highway 152 gates installed near Kingston Cemetery and the forest boundary west of Lower Gallinas Canyon are closed.
For further information on the status of New Mexico Highway 152 and alternate routes, please contact the New Mexico Department of Transportation at (505) 827-5100 or go online to http://www.dot.state.nm.us/content/nmdot/en.html