Mimbres Physician Services, Deming to Provide Ear, Nose and Throat Services in Silver City
DEMING, N.M. – September 29, 2016 – Kelly Duke, CEO of Mimbres Physician Services in Deming, announced Thursday there will be a new clinic location opening in Silver City. Mimbres Physical Services will be providing Ear, Nose and Throat Services at 1000 North Hudson Starting Thursday, October 6th. “I’m pleased to be able to announce our intent to provide specialty medical services in Grant County. We have worked through the summer to provide space in both Silver City and Deming for Ear, Nose and Throat Services since Dr. Sparks retired,” Duke said. “This is just the beginning.”
Duke also said “I’m pleased to introduce Byron Erstine, D.O. in Otolaryngology to the communities of both Silver City and Deming.” Dr. Erstine completed his undergraduate work at Lyon College in Batesville, AR, and attended medical school in Kansas City, MO where he graduated, with honors, in the top 5% of his class. He then went on to do his Ear, Nose and Throat residency at McLaren Macomb in Mount Clemens, MI. Dr. Erstine then practiced in Arkansas before deciding to follow his dream of living and working in New Mexico. Dr. Erstine is a member of the American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery (AAO-HNS) and, the American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
As a general otolaryngologist, Dr. Estine’s special interest include:
- Pediatric care: tonsils, adenoids, ear tubes, lymph nodes excisions and correction of tongue tie.
- Improving nasal breathing with surgical intervention: sinus surgery, including primary, revision, image-guided, sinus dilation, septoplasty, turbinate surgery and nasal fracture repair.
- Diagnosis and treatment of allergies
- Sleep apnea
- Laryngology: voice disorders, vocal cord injections, micro laryngeal surgeries
- Skin cancer removal and reconstruction, including functional and cosmetic surgeries and office procedures for the face/neck
- Hearing disorders for ear disease, including treatment of chronic ear infections, repair of eardrum perforations, BHA implantation and management of dizziness.
The Silver City clinic location is familiar to patients in the southwest region of New Mexico as it was the Sparks clinic location at 1000 North Hudson. “It is our intent to provide all services the area has come to expect locally, as had been provided by Dr. Sparks and her staff,” said Duke. “We are in the process of identifying other areas of medical need in the southwest region of New Mexico and look forward to hearing from the community.” For more information or to make an appointment please call 575-538-0486 today.